Cunningham, Malone & Morton, The Tax Professionals
In-Office Position in Eureka, CA Accounting Firm Office
$: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
+: 401(k), Dental, Life, Medical, Supplemental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Vacation & Sick Days
Flexible Work Arrangements: Part-Time or Full-Time
Cunningham, Malone & Morton is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks and keep our office running smoothly. This is a great opportunity to assist our employees with diverse projects and provide general administrative support. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include assisting in daily office needs and managing the company’s general administrative activities.
Cunningham, Malone & Morton is a leader in the accounting field. Our team of 10 - 12 employees serve more than 1,000 individual and business clients. There is lots of room for growth and learning opportunities. Here at Cunningham, Malone & Morton, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture where and employees feel welcomed and valued. We’re proud to have been chosen as the best accounting, bookkeeping and tax firm on the north coast for the past 8 years.
Cunningham, Malone & Morton offers flexible work arrangements, with possibly more time at work necessary during January - April.
Cunningham, Malone & Morton offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance plans; company-paid holidays, vacation and sick days; and a 401(k) plan.
Read, write, edit and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
Collate and distribute mail.
Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled documents and reports.
Answer and route phone calls or take messages for appropriate parties.
Welcome and help clients visiting our office.
Organize, update and maintain office documentation, including but not limited to client and vendor contact information, billing records and invoices, client payments, electronic and physical files, project routing and workflow reporting.
Schedule appointments and maintain calendars.
Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings.
Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers.
Visual building and equipment inspection.
Desire to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
Working knowledge of office equipment, like computers, fax machine, phone system, postage meter and printers.
Proficient in MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Please contact us to apply or for more information.
Apprentice Tax Preparer
This is a re-post of a previously listed position. We have decided to hire an additional person.
We are looking for a career-oriented individual. Our intention is that we will have a long-term relationship with this person.
Time-frame: Please submit resume prior to November 14, 2022
Experience and Education:
- We prefer two years of relevant college studies or relevant experience.
- Degree in business administration is a plus! (preferably with an emphasis
- in accounting) and on track to receive B.S., B.A or M.S. or M.A. degree.
- If currently attending college, majoring in business administration
- Experienced tax preparer desired.
- Seeking candidate who is or plans to become a CPA and/or Enrolled Agent
- Payroll processing experience helpful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (face-to-face meetings, phone conversations and written communications)
- Competent in use of computers, adding machines and other customary office equipment; experienced in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Team player and self-motivated individual desired
- Strong organizational and planning skills needed
- Training position until tax season
- Primary responsibilities are related to preparing of income and other tax returns
- Secondary responsibilities include some bookkeeping duties and possibly some payroll processing responsibilities
- Expected to assist with various office tasks
Work hours and dates:
- We have a full-time need but will negotiate flexible hours.
- Seasonal employment potentially could be accommodated
- Cunningham, Malone & Morton is an equal opportunity employer; employment with our firm is at will
Compensation is dependent upon qualifications and experience. Starting hourly wage likely in the $15.00 - 25.00 range, depending on experience and knowledge.
Available benefits for eligible employees include paid time off, assistance with health insurance premiums and participation in our 401(k) retirement plan
All interested applicants should submit a resume. Please submit your completed resume to Keith Crossley, CPA. Online submission is preferred. However, it would be acceptable to bring the resume and application to our office, but please do not call or drop in to talk.
Keith N. Crossley, CPA
710 E Street, Suite 100
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 441-1111 office
(707) 444-0210 fax
CUNNINGHAM, MALONE, & MORTON
If you have any unanswered questions, please let us know. There are five easy ways to contact us. Simply call, email, fax, write or just stop by.
710 E Street, Suite 100
Eureka, CA 95501